Click on the following links to practice this grammar structure
Read the following text about Chiloé’s Mithology and then, answer the questions.
1.- What does Carlos Cardoen say about the concentration of vineyards?
a) It is unique in the country
b) It is unique in the world
c) It is unique in the valley
d) It is unique in America
2.- The quality of the wine seems to be something that is accepted as:
a) One of the best in the country
b) One of the best in the world
c) One of the best attributes in the country
d) One of the best in the Valley
3.- What country is the biggest competitor?
c) The U.S.A.
d) It is not mentioned
4.- Where was Carlos Cardoen born?
a) In Argentina
b) In Santiago
c) In the Colchagua Valley
d) North of Colchagua Valley
5.- Where did people advise Carlos to establish the museum?
a) Colchagua Valley
c) North of Santa Cruz
6.- Why would people say the Carlos Cardoen is crazy?
a) Because he established the museum in Santa Cruz
b) Because he likes gambling
c) Because he didn’t do a market study before he opened the museum
d) Because the price of his wine is too cheap
The date of the last blog checkpoint has come and for this assessment you will be required to post the following activities:
- Recount about Valdivia.
- Descriptive text about Botanic Gardens using “Imagery”.
- Descriptive text about Chiloé.
- Answers of listening activity about Siqueiros.
- South trip glog properly linked.
- My family glog (Mr. Calderón’s group only)
our Blog Entries will be evaluated in the same way as the previous evaluation. Your posts will be assessed based on this criteria:
A. TASK COMPLETION: Student includes all assignments. (5 pts)
B. LANGUAGE USED: Grammar, spelling, register, and style used are appropriate. (5 pts)
C. CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS: Student shows deep knowledge and understanding of the contents by including his own reflections and associations. (5 pts)
D. USE OF MEDIA: Student manages to make his BLOG attractive by using a variety of media resources in his posts (pictures, videos, slideshare presentations, audio, online concept maps, Prezi, etc.) (5 pts)
Total score: 20 pts.
Objectives: In today’s session, you will prepare the skeleton of the Glog you will use when you come back from the South Trip. You will also know the assessment criteria we will use to evaluate your work.
1. Go to www.edu.glogster.com and log in with your nickname and password.
2. Choose a suitable background for your Glog. Consider the topic you were assigned.
3. Add different bubbles and animations for the texts you will write when you come back. Remember that you will have to transfer the three entries from your Travel Journal and the Meta-cognition Reflection. Animations and images MUST be linked to the South Trip Experience, and in no way can they be distracting or disconnected.
4. Add some pictures and videos you find on the web related to the South of Chile and/or your topic.
5. Include one extra-bubble with the title: “My Expectations before the Trip”. In this bubble, write what you think the trip will be like, what you are eager to see, and your expectations and predictions before we depart. (60 words) You can use the following sentence starters to help you:
On this trip, I’m expecting to see…..
I’m very excited to visit …. because …
I’m really eager to go to … because …
I really hope that …
GLOG: Assessment Criteria (Formative)
A. Content = 10 pts
B. Use of English:
1. Grammar = 7 pts
2. Spelling = 4 pts
3. Punctuation = 4 pts
4. Capitalisation = 4 pts
C. Requirements = 7 pts
D. Overall Design = 4 pts
Total Score: 40 pts